Monday, February 2, 2009
An Early Birthday for Elizabeth
My OBGYN called this afternoon to inform me that my lab test last week showed that I indeed have preeclampsia. It is mild and so we are continuing to watchfully wait until I reach 37 weeks in a few days. She is planning on admitting me to the hospital on this coming Sunday evening and starting the induction on Monday morning Feb 9th. So unless my blood pressure gets significantly worse in the meantime, Elizabeth will be born on Monday. I am very excited, but so nervous! I have been the calm one between me and Bryan up until now. Now the type A personality is kicking in! The doctor said that there is a chance that Elizabeth's lungs may not be fully developed since I am delivering prior to 38 weeks, but since we are very sure of our dates she thinks everything will likely be ok. Please say some prayers for us to keep us all safe and healthy. I have alot of other things to update on including a wonderful baby shower thrown by my dad's side of the family, but it will have to wait until I have more time. We have alot of ground to cover in the next few days to get ready for the baby :-) I will keep you updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I actually just prayed for you all this morning. I will keep it up! I know that you are excited and nervous and trying to get everything done...but don't worry! It's amazing how much you think they need, but in those first few weeks all they really need is a boob/bottle, diapers and something warm to swaddle them up in. Hey, I have your gifts and am going to try to get them in the mail today. There was a little mixup at the monogram shop, so it took longer than it should've. So, hopefully they'll get to you before D-day (delivery day), but if not...oh well. I love you lots and am so so excited for you guys. Truly, you are about to have a whole new dimension of love in your life! I am praying for no NICU time and perfectly formed lungs. Take care guys, Jen : )
Yippee!!! I can't wait to meet her. Don't be nervous..you will do great.
Yay Laura!!! I'll keep y'all in my prayers--I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see pics of beautiful Elizabeth. Rest up and happy delivery!!
So excited for you!! Can't wait to see pics of her and I know you and Bryan are ready to meet her too! Good luck and you will be in our thoughts and prayers!!
Yay for tomorrow---b-day! I'll keep y'all in my prayers. Enjoy meeting Elizabeth!!
Post a Comment