Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby Shower followed by Bed Rest

On Saturday we had our baby shower to celebrate Elizabeth's impending arrival with all of our friends and immediate families. We had a laid back cocktail shower which turned out to be a blast. It was so nice to be surrounded by our closest friends. We had a great turnout, 40 people in our little townhome! We had several friends who traveled from far places Josh and Nikki and Brad and Allison came from College Station. And our friends Bryan, Ryan, and their baby Sawyer who traveled all the way from Dallas. Thanks so much for making the trip! We were so excited to see you! Also thanks to all of our other friends and family for making the shower so special!

Opening Gifts





Karen, V, Me, and Tracy



Dad and Me

Nikki, Jillian, Allison, and V




Me and Kare




Mimi Debra and Grandma Elaine




Mom and Me




Bryan, Tracy, Ryan, and baby Sawyer


Curtis, Me, Bryan, and Debra

Mom, Me, Bryan, and Dad




The beautiful cake that says "Anxiously Awaiting Elizabeth Elaine"

We had alot of great food, chicken kabobs, pork tenderloin medalions, spinach pies, lots of yummy dips and chips, tomato basil mozzarella skewers, and a wonderful array of desserts. My mom ordered a beautiful and very delicious cake from The Cake Lady in League City. Everything was wonderful! We receieved so many wonderful gifts, Elizabeth is one lucky little girl!
Again a big thanks to everyone for all of the hard work that went into making the shower so special!
So Sunday after the shower, I was really worn out and so was Bryan. We spent the entire day laying around. Unfortunately my swelling was way out of control. My face and hands and feet had been pretty puffy especially over the last few days ( as you can probably tell from the shower pics). Anyway Monday morning I woke up not feeling like myself so I took my blood pressure a few times at work. My pressures were really high, even after resting, the last one I took was 158/101! I called the doctor and she met me and walked up to Labor and Delivery with me to check in. They kept me in Triage for a few hours and monitored my BP's and took labs and monitored the baby. My blood pressures came down nicely and my lab work all looked good as did the baby. My doctor told me that I was to stop working from here on out and that we would continue monitoring everything closely. I have to go and see her in the am again for another check. So I will keep you updated!
































5 comments:

Nina said...

I wish I could be with you during your pregnancy! I miss you!
love, nina

Veronica Maria said...

I'm sad we don't live closer!!! I'd totally be over there hanging out with you while we watch cheesey TLC shows!

Alec & Emma Davis said...

I'm so sad that I couldn't join in the fun...but glad to see all the fun pics. I'll be keeping you and baby Ellie in my prayers...rest up, Mama!

Lee & Haley said...

I'm keeping you guys in my prayers. Actually you girls since it is 2 to 1 now!!

TheBossLady said...

Please don't tell me you are biding your time watching "A Baby Story!!" I'm ashamed to say I shed a tear or two watching that junk when I was waiting (and waiting) for Ella...