Wednesday, January 21, 2009

34 weeks

It has been over a month since my last post, sorry for the long delay. Things have been bustling in the Garrett household since I last wrote.
First off the holidays.....we were fortunate enough to spend a few days around Christmas with Bryan's family in College Station. We really enjoyed all of the good food, presents, and of course visiting! Bryan's parents made us so many great meals, we definitely had a wonderful and relaxing time with them! We were also able to see our friends Josh and Nikki and their two darling kids.
A couple of weeks later we had a lovely dinner with my parents and sister in League City and they got us an amazing video camera for our Christmas gift. It is so tiny and it takes great videos! I know we will use it alot once the baby comes :-) Thanks Mom and Dad!
This was my first year EVER to not spend Christmas in Michigan. That was a little sad for me, but I know that with our jobs things would have to change someday. For all of the family I didnt see this year, I miss you and hope to see you soon!

This week we are making preparations for our baby shower to be held on Saturday. My parents and sister Karen and friend Tracy are hosting it for us at our house. I know that with pregnancy you always hear about the woman getting the "nesting" instinct shortly before the baby comes. Well in our family, Bryan is totally in nesting mode as we speak! He has been organizing everything in the house, which has been so nice! I am physically so worn out after work that I just dont feel like doing much when I get home and Bryan has really been picking up the slack. What a wonderful husband!
I am 34.5 weeks pregnant today. This week is a big milestone for us, because after this point if the baby were to be born early for any reason, she would have a very good chance of being healthy and not have to stay in the NICU very long. My blood pressures have been holding steady thus far, thank God! They are still borderline, but not to any critical level so they are continuing to watch me closely. We had another detailed ultrasound on Monday and everything looks good. She is growing right on track, measuring a few days ahead of schedule. Her weight was estimated at 5 lbs 8 oz based on the measurements. I think we are going to have at least an 8 pounder by the time she makes her appearance. I had a feeling this would happen, my side of the family tends to have big babies. When I was born I was 8 lbs 15 oz! My poor mom :-(
On another exciting note, we have an official induction date and a birthday for our baby....Monday, Feb 23rd. This is also my mom's birthday as well, making this day an even more special one for our family. We have also officially decided on her name....Elizabeth Elaine Garrett. We will call her Ellie for short. It has been a hard decision to make and we appreciate everyones input on the name poll :-)

The nursery is coming along great! We bought a glider and put up some curtains. I finally came up with ideas for some pictures to paint and we ordered and put up her letters for her name over her crib. Things are really coming along. All that is left now are some minor decorating details. I will post some pictures soon! Pretty much all that is left is little Elizabeth :-) We cant wait! We only have a little under 5 weeks till she makes her arrival. We are so very thankful that she continues to grow and look healthy.
Anyway that is all for now, I will post some pics of the shower and nursery next week when I get a chance...

3 comments:

Lee & Haley said...

I am so happy for your guys. I'll keep you in my prayers but it sounds like you're doing great.

SO happy you chose Elizabeth Elaine--I voted for that one.

Enjoy these last few weeks, not that I know from experience, but my friends seem to say that so I'm following the crowd here!

Always,

Haley

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Glad to hear that all is well! I know that you two are getting so anxious to see your sweet little girl. I so wish that I could be at the shower this weekend! I want to give you a big hug and see your big belly! Have fun and enjoy being showered with love and gifts! Am thinking about you all the time! With love,
Jen

Erica said...

Congrats on making it this far!! I know you are so excited to meet your little Ellie (love it).. Hang in there and do keep us posted!! I am excited to meet her too!!