As you know, Houston is a major hub for NASA operations. Yesterday, while going about by usual daily duties at work I was approached by some of our ancillary staff to see if I were interested in participating in helping to train some astronauts on some basics of anesthesia. Specifically, teach them how to intubate (place a breathing tube) and start IV's. They apparently have to have several designated astronauts on a particular mission that have some knowledge of these skills in case there is an emergency while in space. I worked with a guy named Scott Kelly who is to be one of the upcoming commanders of the space station in the near future. He has already been into space twice, one of those flights he was acting as commander. Here is a link to his wikipedia site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_J._Kelly
I have to say it was a pretty cool experience!
On another note, we had another Dr's appt today and the baby is looking great! We got to take a quick peek with the ultrasound. It was so cute to see her little cheeks, they are really starting to fill out! She is begining to look alot more like a baby :-)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment