Saturday, October 4, 2008

19 Weeks

Next Saturday afternoon we have our big ultrasound called the anatomy scan. The doctor will measure the baby and take a close look at all of the major organs to check for abnormalities. We are praying that all goes well!

Otherwise I started a scrapbook for our daughter to be. I have never scrapbooked before so this will be a new endeavor. I have so many things that I want to capture and remember about the pregnancy so we can share the experience with her later.

It was fun picking out all of the fun paper, stickers, embellishments etc to put into the book. I think it will turn out really cute!

I actually made a decision and ordered the nursery furniture this past week. It should take between 8-12 weeks to arrive. We have decided to go with antique white furniture and a non convertible crib with a double dresser and hutch. I can't wait to see it in the baby's room!

Here is a picture and description for the development of a 19 week old fetus.

Fetus is around 6.5 inches (17cm) and 9 ounces (250gm).
Your placenta continues to grow and nourish the baby.
Features of your baby's heart, should be visible during an ultrasound.
Your baby's genitals are distinct and recognizable.
Scalp hair has sprouted and continues to grow.If baby is female the uterus starts to develop, the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes are in place. Females have a limited supply of eggs in their lifetime. At this point your daughter will have 6 million eggs. This amount decreases to approximately one million by birth.



Baby's legs are reaching their relative size and with the increase muscle development occurring as well, you will start feeling much more than tiny flutter kicks soon. If you have not felt movement yet, you will soon. Your baby will increase its weight by more than 15 times between now and delivery.



Your baby's size is around 6.5 inches (17cm) and 9 ounces (250gm).

1 comment:

Erica said...

Congratulations you guys!! I have enjoyed finding your blog through Allison's and seeing how ya'll are doing! I am now the lucky mother to two little girls and can say it is wonderful and action packed!! I can't wait to see what this pregnancy has in store for you and to meet your littl girl!!

Erica & family