Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Extravaganza Part II: Cookies, Decorating, and even Wedding Bells!

Bryan and I had an pretty uneventful week. I have been working in a community family practice clinic in the 5th ward of Houston, and Bryan has been studying hard for his upcoming exams. The clinic was especially busy due to the after Thanksgiving rush.
So many people were sick this week, don't forget to WASH YOUR HANDS as you go about your holiday shopping! For those of you who know me well, you know I have a slight obsession with hand sanitizer, (the best thing since sliced bread, in my opinion :-) )

Anyway, on Friday night, as we were eating dinner, we had a surpise visit from our neighbors, Mike and Pat. We have never met them in the past, and they wanted to come and take a look at our townhome to see the rennovations we had completed since we moved in awhile back. We ended up visiting with them and some of our other neighbors the rest of the evening and enjoyed a few glasses of wine.

Saturday was cookie day for us. I spent most of the morning making and decorating Bryan's favorite Christmas cookies, (sugar cookies). My mom sent us some of her cute cookie cutters last week so we would have some to use. In addition to the usual christmas tree, snowman, etc, she even through in a cookie cutter in the shape of the state of Texas.
After the cookies were done, I headed back to Hobby Lobby to buy some decorations for Karen.

Karen, has been very stressed out because she is in the middle of her finals for Law school. So I thought I would bring her some dinner and spread the Christmas cheer.


So Bryan and I decided to give her an early Xmas present and purchase some decorations for her apartment to make it feel more like home.










We decorated her mantle and a little table top tree, which turned out to be a very enjoyable study break!
And last, our most exciting news of all....My cousin Nina was engaged yesterday to her longtime boyfriend Dave. They are both teachers, who do an amazing job working in underserved schools in Chicago, Ill. We are so happy for them and wish them many wonderful years together! Congratulations guys we love you!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Aw, Laur- you are too cute. Thanks for the shout out! I love you.