As you might have guessed by the title, the weather in Houston has been unseasonably warm for December. For the past 3 days we have had temperatures in the low 80's.It is definitely hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it is hot enough to wear shorts.
Bryan and I have been hoping for a White Christmas while we are in Detroit this year. We always enjoy being in a "winter wonderland" during the holidays!
So as a diversion from the heat I thought I would include a couple wintery pics :-)
Here is one on my mom and us in Detroit

My mom sent me this picture last year of our backyard in WV

This week was busy as usual, Bryan is kicking his studying into high gear with his exams starting next week. I finished my month at the Family Practice clinic on Friday and will be starting on my Anesthesia Rotation at Methodist hospital tomorrow morning.
I am really excited about getting some experience in the OR, plus my hours will be alot better than they were last month.
On Friday, Bryan was on call so Karen came over for some dinner and a movie at my house.
Saturday evening, I met my friend, (and fellow resident) Lauren to watch the Houston Ballet perform the Nutcracker. We had a great time!
Sorry for the fuzzy pic, but it was the only one we took
The Nutcracker has always been such a special thing to me ever since I can remember. My Grandma, Mom, and Aunts used to make it a point to take me, my sister, and my cousins to the Nutcracker ballet in Detroit every year. We would get all dressed up in our Christmas dresses and go to the fancy Fox Theater downtown. Before the performance we would always want to go to the front to peer down into the orchestra pit to watch the musicians warm up.
On Sunday, Bryan and I attended my nephew Tanner's 3rd Birthday party at Bounce City in Humble, TX. I decided to paint some Texas A&M overalls for him as one of his presents.
I tried to make them just like the Aggie yell leaders wear.
First, here is the back view.....And for those of you that noticed, Tanner will in fact be a member of the Fightin Texas Aggie class of 2027, WHOOP!
Here is the front view.....

As for the party, there was quite a turnout! Tanner had almost 15 other 3 year olds in attendance.
He had a CARS (Pixar) themed party. Here are a couple of pictur
es Tanner and the party....
I think Tanner enjoyed his birthday and I hope he enjoys his overalls at the next Aggie game :-)
On a final note, I have really been missing my parents lately. I absolutely CANNOT wait to see them and spend Christmas with them and the rest of my family in Michigan. 13 Days and counting!!! 







2 comments:
I'm amazed that you know how to spell that hawaiian word! Can't wait to see in in CS over new years!!!
I am loving the blog. You have a great looking family. I know you are ready to go to Michigan.I hope there is alot of snow. The decorations look fantastic and the cookies look delicious. It looks like the cats have had too many for dinner!
Post a Comment