Monday, June 15, 2009

4 months old

First some pictures....then some commentary at the end :-)































Elizabeth has hit the 4 month mark. Time is flying by!!! I can hardly believe it has already been 4 months. She is growing up so much! She is able to hold her head up so much better now and is strong enough to keep her head and shoulders off of the ground for long periods of time when she is on her tummy. She has been using her Bumbo chair now that she can hold her head better. She is grabbing for things - (toys, earrings, hair..you name it) and putting EVERYTHING in her mouth. We are going to the pedi today for her 4 month visit and her shots :-( Poor girl- I think it is harder on me than it is her.

For the most part things are good around the Garrett house. Bryan and I have been very busy these days with work.
Here are some of what has been going on in the past couple of weeks.......


1.) I turned 29 :-) I cant believe this is the last year of my 20's, sad but true. My parents had a a nice dinner for me and Elizabeth when Bryan was on call last weekend. My mom even got a delicious cake from the cake lady!

2.) Mimi Debra came to visit last week and spent a couple of days with Elizabeth and us. We really enjoyed having her here! And I know Elizabeth enjoyed spending alone time with her Mimi.
3.) My good friends from Medical school - Ryan and Lindsay came in from Dallas to visit last weekend. My other friend Tracy joined us all for some wine, dinner at El Patio, and lots of catching up! It was so wonderful to spend time with them. I sure miss our little group :-(

For the past 2 years since graduation it has only been me and Tracy left in Houston, but now Tracy and her husband Aaron are moving away to Kansas City so Tracy can start her Dermatology residency. I am so sad to have her go, but I know she is going to do great! Bryan, Elizabeth, and I went to their going away party on Saturday to see them off.

4.) Elizabeth spent her first night without Mom and Dad and Grandma Elaine and Grandpa Dillard's house in League City last night. Bryan and I were both on call the same night so the grandparents offered to take care of baby. From the sounds of it, she did great and slept all night. I am sure Elizabeth had a blast getting some special one on one time with her grandparents :-) Thanks Mom and Dad for taking care her for us!
Anyway that is all I can think of for now, until next time :-)

2 comments:

Allison said...

She is getting so big! Can't wait to see her again.

Alec & Emma Davis said...

oh my gosh, she is getting so big and cuter by the secon! i LOVE the picture of her with bryan...she looks so darling! happy four months, ellie bean!!!