We can't believe Elizabeth is already one month old! She is such a good girl and has been doing very good sleeping at night. We put together a baby swing that Aunt Kim let us borrow and Ellie absolutely loves it! In fact, she smiled at me for the first time while enjoying her new swing this morning. We were pretty busy this week. On Tuesday Elizabeth and I went down to League City to shop with Grandma. It was my first time driving with her in the car by myself. Since she has been born, every time we go anywhere, either me or Bryan ride in the back seat with her. I figured we can't continue to do this forever, so in celebration of turning 1 month old we ventured out on our own. Ellie did great! She sleeps in the car when we go anywhere so she didn't make a peep. We were able to shop in peace for about 4 hours.
During our shopping trip we did have a funny moment. My mom and I were in a crowded dressing room at Macy's with Elizabeth. As she was sleeping in her stroller, she started passing some major gas. For all of you that have had newborns, you know how loud this process this can be. She was really going to town and all of a sudden things got really quiet around us. My mom and I started cracking up! I am sure there must be several shoppers who were disgusted by a very rude and gross person in the dressing room next to them!
On Wednesday it was Bryan's 29th birthday. I can't believe we only have one more year until we reach the big 3-0. Time is flying by! We had a special dinner and dessert to celebrate. I needed a few things from the grocery store, so for the second day in a row, Elizabeth and I ran some errands together. Although I could have gone to the old Kroger right next to our house, I decided we needed to go to the Randall's in the medical center so I could pick up some specialty bread and a good dessert. I, for the life of me, do not understand how our friends with newborn twins are able to ever go to the grocery store. I mean.... two babies who cant hold there heads up, groceries, carts, baby paraphenelia, car seats, etc. The whole time I am driving to the store I was trying to figure out how I was going to handle an infant, a diaper bag, and a grocery cart. Thankfully, I didnt need much so I decided to bypass the cart and just put my groceries in the bin underneath Elizabeth's stroller. I took a burp rag in my purse and decided to leave the rest of the diaper bag in the car. Things went fine until I got home and realized that the bag boy forgot to give me one of my bags. It just so happened this was the bag that Bryan's birthday card was in. I was bummed, but after the whole ordeal I just decided we were going to have to do without the card.
On Friday night, Mimi and Pa Pa Garrett drove in from College Station to spend some time with the baby. We had a great time going out to dinner with them at Colina's to celebrate Bryan's birthday for the second time. It was so much fun spending time with everyone!
Saturday night Grandma came in from League City to watch the baby while Bryan and I went out to Jax Grill to celebrate my friend Veronica's birthday. Jax is a burger joint with a Cajun flair. They had a great Cajun band. We had a great time and we can;t wait to go back again sometime!
Anyway, here are a few pictures from this week!









2 comments:
Happy one month, guys! You are doing great! Happy Birthday, Bryan!
She is so so cute! Congratulations on one month !!! Time flies..
Post a Comment