
For the past few weeks I have been busy painting pictures
for my friend Jennifer and cousin John who are both expecting babies in a few months.
I have been painting nursery prints ever since we found out my sister in law, Kim, was having a new baby. I started looking online at some nursery artwork to buy for the baby's room. Number one it was REALLY expensive, and number two I thought the artwork did not appear to be that technically difficult, and three, I thought it would be nice to have special artwork designed especially for my niece. SO, long story short, I started painting, matting, and framing my own prints.
Jennifer is my good friend from high school. We were both really involved in the Victoria Ballet Theater. Jen is an AMAZING dancer and person! We recently found out that Jen and her husband are expecting twins :-) A boy and a girl, to be named Alec Layne and Emma Rose. She picked out a classic winnie the pooh/sage green theme for her nursery. I decided to make two prints for the babies with their names and used a cute sage green matting and cream frame.

John and his wife Courtney picked out an alphabet soup theme for their son who isgoing to be arriving in a couple of months. Here is a sample of the bedding they are using, and below are the pictures I made.
Z is for Zebra
E is for Elephant
...and G is for Giraffe





2 comments:
I'm VERY impressed. I had no idea you were so crafty. Please come see us soon. We miss ya'll!
Laura, I just caught up on your blog and saw that you did a post about the pooh bear prints you did for us. How cool! It was nice to read about our little family on your blog! Thanks! We miss you!
Post a Comment